We’ve recently found that there are several phishing attempts to get passwords from some of our active players. As the game grows, we expect even more attempts at account phishing. We'd like to make sure that you do the following:
1) Do not click on links you do not recognize. Always check the URL. An L can look like an I. Just avoid links. Don't click weird posts etc. Beware of interactive community maps, they can have flash exploits etc. Click at your own risk.
2) Do not use the same password to access several game services, if other game services are compromised, your Shattered Skies account could be compromised as well.
3) Use a strong and unique password
4) We’ve enabled additional security measure that alerts you if your account is getting accessed from any other computer and location than the one you normally use via email. Make sure your email password is different from your account password.
5) DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE GAME ANYWHERE BUT FROM THE OFFICIAL LINK OR YOU WILL GET PHISHED --- http://freereign.cdn.reloadedtech.com/ROTB_WebSetup.exe
6) Do not add anyone on skype and accept any files from them for shattered skies "enhancements". This is a great way for them to not only phish your IP address, but also rootkit your computer and steal all of your information! Be careful :)
7) Posting about cheats and "letting us know" about things we already know about will get you permanently banned for advertising. The player report section exists for posts like this.